March 24, 2017
Dear St. Joseph Parishioners,
Greetings and Peace. A brief but much needed shower ends the first workweek of Spring.
“I was blind and now I can see.” The mastery of the Fourth Gospel is completely visible in this text that carries us through the power of Jesus to take us from darkness into light. Ironically (and irony is a constant teacher in John) his neighbors, parents and religious leaders too, turn out to be more blind that he ever was before. It is Jesus who saw in him what he did not see in himself.
- I have all Masses this weekend, Saturday at 5pm, Sunday at 9:30am (English) and 12 noon (Spanish). Deacon Ray has the homily Saturday, and Sunday at 9:30.
- Already Lent is lightened with rejoicing. The color for this weekend is rose, which reminds us that conversion is not dour.
- RCIA concludes this year on Tuesday.
- Our Parish Penance Rite is Tuesday, April 4, 7pm. Several priests will be available to hear confessions.
- We have been honored to host representatives from the Mexican Consulate this week.
- Sunday afternoon at 1pm The Hispanic Ministry of St. Joseph is co-hosting a Community Forum with the Hispanic Apostolate of the Diocese of Tulsa and the Mexican Counselor. The Mexican Counselor will attend via Skype. All parishioners are invited.
- The ladies of Altar Society are hosting a Ladies Retreat next Saturday, 1pm – 4pm in the Parish Hall. Guest Speaker is Sr. Barbara Austin, Spiritual Director at St. Joseph Monastery.
- There is no cost to attend, but you are asked to bring a side dish or dessert to share. Altar Society will provide a meat dish.
- Sign up in the Commons this weekend or contact Samantha Cain, Altar Society President
- You can also sign up in the Commons to help with the 34th annual Quiche and Salad Luncheon, which will be April 27.
- Youth Group is hosting Fundraiser at Pizza Inn on Thursday, 5pm – 8pm. Proceeds will help those going on mission trips and youth conference in Stubenville.
- St. Joseph students are back in session after a week of spring break.
- St. Joseph School is actively searching for a Principal for 2017-18 and beyond. Sandy Brewer is completing her 8th year of leadership and will continue in an advisory role a couple of days weekly. Applications and requirements are available through the Diocesan Superintendent’s Office (Mr. James Pohlman, Catholic Schools Office 820 S Bolder, Tulsa, OK 74119 or dioceseoftulsa.org). Applicants should be practicing Catholics with a least a Master’s Degree in Education and education experience and a commitment to Catholic Schools. Please note that while we prefer Administration experience as a principal/assistant principal, the Diocese is willing to work with a leader with ongoing training and support.
- We would love to enroll your children or grandchildren (or those of your neighbors) at our school. Contact Principal Sandy at 918-683-1291 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements for shadow days or for information regarding enrollment.
- You can still purchase a chance to win ¼ side of beef, donated by Muskogee Catholic School Alum Al and wife Roxie Flusche.
- Fridays of Lent we continue with Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament at 6pm, Stations at 7pm, concluding with Benedictions. Our Knights of Columbus will offer Soup and Bread in the Commons following Benediction.
May God bless you and all you love (and all you should).
St. Joseph Church and School